School District Code of Conduct
Level I Offenses:
1. Disruption of School.
2. Disruptive and/or offensive use of language/gang colors.
3. Damage, Destruction or Theft of School Property False Fire Alarm.
4. Damage, Destruction or Theft of Private Property.
5. Reckless Endangerment or Threats.
6. Tobacco Products and Paraphernalia.
7. Possession of Drugs or Alcohol for Personal Consumption.
8. Abuse of Computer/Internet Privileges.
Penalties for Level I infractions: detention, suspension, conference with parent, assignment to Saturday SMART Program, etc.
Level II Offenses:
9. Repeated School Violations.
11. Indecent Assault or Indecent Exposure.
12. Assault on School Personnel.
13. Possession of a Weapon Capable of Causing Death or Serious Injury.
14. Aggravated Offenses.
Penalties for Level II Infractions:
EH-21 Discipline Transfer out of the school, placement of student in an alternative education such as CEP.
Metal Detectors Use / Administrative Scans Of Students
To help insure student safety, metal detectors may be used without prior notice at the discretion of the principal. The School District Use of Metal Detectors statement is posted.
Austin Meehan Middle School will conduct random administrative scans and student searches in the morning when students enter the building. This is done for the safety of all students and staff in our building.
Non-School Related Items That Should Not Be Brought To School
Students may not bring to school:
Radios, CD Players, telephones, electronic games, toys, playing cards, metal chains, beepers, pocketbooks, fire crackers, BB guns, water guns, or toy guns. These items will be confiscated and returned only to a parent/guardian.
Note: The use of a toy gun in a threatening manner may be considered a Level II Offense.
(See School District of Philadelphia Student Code of Conduct)
Austin Meehan School Rules:
1. I WILL ARRIVE ON TIME, PREPARED AND READY TO LEARN.
2. I WILL FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND SCHOOL ROUTINES.
3. I WILL USE KIND WORDS AND ACTIONS.
4. I WILL ALWAYS KEEP HANDS, FEET AND OBJECTS TO MYSELF.
5. I WILL KEEP OUR SCHOOL CLEAN AND SAFE.
6. I WILL HELP KEEP OUR SCHOOL “BULLY FREE”
Important Phone Numbers To Know
To report bullying, violence, harassment, threats and truancy. 24 hours / 7 days a week
Citizen Crime Commission Tipline:
Toll free (877) 345-TIPS
To report crime in our schools or in our communities.
Sports Club And Events:
At this time we are having multiple sports teams including soccer, volleyball, golf, field hockey, football, and track and field.
We have tryouts for these sports teams starting on the week of September 15th.