School Day Start And End Times
Austin Meehan Middle School opens our doors for student breakfast in our cafeteria daily at 8:00am. Our normal school day runs 8:15am – 3:19pm. It is not mandatory to come to breakfast but we do encourage all students to begin their day with a good meal.
1st period begins at 8:15a.m. students should go to their lockers once provided and immediately to meet their first period teacher where they agreed to meet. Students are considered late at 8:25a.m..
Breakfast is served daily in our cafeteria from 8:00am – 8:13am. All students are welcome.
Below are many of the policies and procedures for Austin Meehan Middle School. Please also take a look at the bottom of our page for links to our student agenda files and additional information.
All students should come to school appropriately dressed. Student should wear:
- Comfortable shoes, such as a loafer or sneaker—no flip-flops or backless shoes.
- Hats and outerwear are not part of school attire. If head coverings are to be worn for religious purposes, parents must notify the school in writing.
- It is expected that students will come to school clean and well groomed.
- Hats, coats and jackets must be placed in lockers in the morning.
- Bare shoulders, sleeveless T-shirts, tank tops, halter or midriff tops, shorts and mini skirts are prohibited.
- Clothing with offensive language, pictures, or symbols are prohibited.
New District Attendance Policy:
If a student comes into the building after 10AM or leaves for early dismissal before 1 PM they will be marked as a half day absence.
The half day absence can be excused with a doctors note.
Any student absent from school should bring an excuse note upon their return to school.
Entering The Building:
All Austin Meehan Middle School students will enter the building through our main Entrance (FLAG POLE DESK). After 9:00am the door is locked and the buzzer next to the door must be rung to be buzzed in.
Student will be dismissed out the doors by the main office / High Steps on the outside of the building. If changes are made during the year we will update this information accordingly.
Respect for our Neighbors, our Community, our Building & Campus:
The school day begins when the student leaves the home in the morning and returns to the home in the afternoon. Proper behavior is expected of every student traveling to and from school. All school rules apply. Respect the property of our neighbors.
The School District reserves the right to open lockers at any time without permission of the student assigned to the locker.
Students are permitted to use the locker as outlined below:
1. Lockers may be used before and after school only. Students are not permitted to use lockers at any other time.
2. Students are reminded not to store valuables of any kind in school lockers.
3. Do not share your locker or locker combination with other students.
4. Obtain teacher approval to see your dean if you have a problem with your locker.
The Health Suite is located on the first floor near stairway 5. Health Room hours are posted in each classroom.
If students require medication during the school day, parents must first contact the School Nurse at 215-400-3240. All medication must be documented and dispensed by the School Nurse.
Any student who needs to visit the nurse must get the Nurse’s Office Log signed by their teacher. The log is located at the back of the Student Agenda.
Our school is equipped with computer laboratories and Internet research capability.
NOTE: Websites and electronic mail, which present obscene, vulgar or threatening messages, lyrics and information, are strictly prohibited for use by students. Any student who abuses the technology in our school will be subject to disciplinary action.
Report cards are issued FOUR times during the school year. Dates are as followed:
- November 20-22
- February 5-7
- April 15-17
- Last Day Of School Final Report Card
Report card conferences for parents will be scheduled and announced as soon as possible.
Interim Reports may be sent to parents between report cards for students failing or in danger of failing a particular subject.
Parents are encouraged to contact their child’s Counselor or Teacher to discuss progress at any time throughout the year.
Fire Drill Regulations & SHELTER IN PLACE:
Fire drills are held periodically in compliance with State law, a minimum of 10 times during the school year. The signal for a Fire Drill is the sounding of the fire alarm followed by the ringing of the school bell. Procedures for Fire Drills are strictly enforced:
· Students must be silent throughout the fire drill. Students form a double line and follow the teacher, moving quickly and quietly to the designated waiting area. Roll is taken.
· When the bell sounds again, the staff and students quietly return to the school.
· The Fire Drill is not concluded until the last person has returned into the building.
Shelter-In Place is a protective action that means to stay indoors. Austin Meehan has developed and implemented a Shelter-In-Place drill to protect and house students and staff in the event of a chemical or biological danger outdoors.
Click On Our Links Below To View Our Student Agenda