School District Code of Conduct
Level I Offenses
1. Disruption of School.
2. Disruptive and/or offensive use of language/gang colors.
3. Damage, Destruction or Theft of School Property False Fire Alarm.
4. Damage, Destruction or Theft of Private Property.
5. Reckless Endangerment or Threats.
6. Tobacco Products and Paraphernalia.
7. Possession of Drugs or Alcohol for Personal Consumption.
8. Abuse of Computer/Internet Privileges.
Penalties for Level I infractions: detention, suspension, conference with parent, assignment to Saturday SMART Program, etc.
9. Repeated School Violations.
11. Indecent Assault or Indecent Exposure.
12. Assault on School Personnel.
13. Possession of a Weapon Capable of Causing Death or Serious Injury.
14. Aggravated Offenses.
Penalties for Level II Infractions:
EH-21 Discipline Transfer out of the school, placement of student in an alternative education such as CEP.
Non-School Related Items
Students may not bring to school:
Radios, CD Players, telephones, electronic games, toys, playing cards, metal chains, beepers, pocketbooks, fire crackers, BB guns, water guns, or toy guns. These items will be confiscated and returned only to a parent/guardian.
Note: The use of a toy gun in a threatening manner may be considered a Level II Offense.
(See School District of Philadelphia Student Code of Conduct)
Austin Meehan School Rules
1. I WILL ARRIVE ON TIME, PREPARED AND READY TO LEARN.
2. I WILL FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND SCHOOL ROUTINES.
3. I WILL USE KIND WORDS AND ACTIONS.
4. I WILL ALWAYS KEEP HANDS, FEET AND OBJECTS TO MYSELF.
5. I WILL KEEP OUR SCHOOL CLEAN AND SAFE.
6. I WILL HELP KEEP OUR SCHOOL “BULLY FREE”
Important Phone Numbers To Know
Parent Help Line:
If you have questions about anything that affects your child.
(800) 447-1169 If your child does not have adequate access in school to a required textbook
To report bullying, violence, harassment, threats and truancy. 24 hours / 7 days a week
Citizen Crime Commission Tipline:
Toll free (877) 345-TIPS
To report crime in our schools or in our communities.
Join the Home and School Council!:
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Dear Students & Parents:Welcome to the 2019‐2020 school year. This Student Agenda contains our school rules and policies. This is one way in which we at Meehan will keep in touch with our parents as partners in the educational process. Please take time to review this book together. I extend to you my best wishes for your most successful school year ever.
Sincerely, Mrs. Mary A. Jackson
Sports Club And Events
At this time we are having multiple sports teams including:
Girls Field Hockey
Basketball (Boys and Girls
Girls Soft Ball
Track (Boy / Girls)
Boys Volley Ball
We have tryouts for these sports teams starting soon and announcements will be made in school. All students playing sports MUST have current physicals and they must be completed on a PIAA Physical Form available in our school.